For our winery, 2015 has been quite demanding from beginning to end. A marvellous grape harvest after a very changeable summer (with August-style July vs. mellow August)… There have been so many nice moments that it’s a challenge for us to choose twenty of them and draw the bottom line. Thank you all for thinking about us and for your treasurable collaboration. We wish you a Merry Christmass and a Happy 2016!
1. The year started with the whizz-bang article by Laura Casas for La Vanguardia Tarragona about our grapevine adoptions in Priorat. The article was out on 2 January and it had such a viral wallop that from 2 to 6 January we couldn’t help preparing adoption packages. Apart from that, some radio stations, like La Xarxa or Onda Cero, called us for interviews, while Ruth Troyano gave a detailed account of our initiative in her air section called “El Porró” at the Ona La Torre radio.
2. Do you remember the snowsall on 4 February? Well, here’s the video.
3. In 2015, we have also closely collaborated with the culinary magazine Cuina. First, the magazine featured a small article about our grapevine adoptions, then our Jordi wrote an article telling about a Russian cold soup, and finally we were included in the 2×1 wine travel special offers.
4. This year, we’ve also been lucky with some trade fairs. To begin with, we were kindly invited to participate in the 2nd cheese-and-wine fair at Clos Figueras. We do admit that 2015 saw a series of mutually benefitial collaborations between Clos Figueras and us.
And in December, the town hall of Tivissa encouraged us to take part in the 4th Christmas Fair.
5. In April, we were fondly surprised to read the article by David and Núria about our winery. Probably one of the most detailed articles about us. We’re so grateful to you, guys!
6. We were also captivated by the article written by our client El Epicureo with a review of our Mas de les Valls 2011. “…one of those beverages that have joined my top-list wines since I discovered it…”
7. One of the events to have most epitomised this year was Tast amb Llops, a showcase for vins de la vila from Gratallops that we joined this year with our three terroir wines. Our 2013 white Mas de les Valls left its noticeable track 😉
Later on, in the autumn, wine ratings from the Guía Peñín 2016 guidebook were made public, where our wines received some very nice scores.
8. In May, we created a new product with the Urbansai project: grapevine adoption featuring a fancy bonsai tree made from a vine. See more details below.
9. In May, we also met Greig Santos-Buch, the ideologist at the Winederlusting wine blog. He has posted some articles about Priorat, and we feel honoured to have participated in the writing.
10. In the summer, we launched the French version of our website. Our ambition is to attract more French-speaking audience to our winery.
11. The summer saw us modify our online reputation strategy… Visitors’ comments disappeared from the Priorat Tourism Office’s website, and we were amazed to discover that our establishment was accepted to TripAdvisor, which became a turning point. We are very gratefull to all of you who posted a comment or are going to do so.
12. We’d obviously like to spotlight the slick, rewarding and particularly entertaining get-togethers with our vine adoption club.
This year we met a fabulous person, Yolanda Sanz Guerrero, who adopted some of our vines, wine lover, wine blogger, very keen on exploring the world of vine-farming and wine-making. Here’s the link to her blog. Apart from that, it was with Yolanda that we were able to create this short documentary that about a unique wine tourism experience in Priorat: grape harvest master class with our vine adopters. But for you, Yolanda, this couldn’t have come true!
13. A surprising article in our Polish fan Irek Wis’s blog. Use a translator.
14. One of the biggest challenges we were able to stand up to was launching our online shop. It took some extra effort to learn how to set it up, but we were eventually successful and see new orders coming in. We highlight our grapevine adoption line above all.
[products ids=”2648, 2655, 2657″]
15. We’d also like to thank Chandler and Guillem of TradeforWine for coming over to the winery and for this generous review in their blog.
16. In September, we were lucky to create a challenge together with the instagram community ig_catalonia, a boosting experience, not only in terms of real followers, but also as a source of photography ideas like this winner picture.
18. Another event that was very insightful for us as wine travel experts was the wedding at the vineyard organised by our friend Natalia. Both from Barcelona and from here, we eventually created this unique experience for a couple from Russia. They got a kick out of it! And now they’re also our grapevine adopters. See what it was like in the picture below.
19. Another very timely contribution came up in the wine lover Bill Dufton’s article, where the author praises all wineries he has visited in Priorat (including Celler Devinssi) for using professional high-quality wine glasses. So another feather in Priorat’s cap.
20. Late in November, we were honoured to collaborate with the Charity Tasting Pro AFANOC arranged by Associació Molinenca de Tast.
These are our 2015 twenty highlights. Well, there have been many more than 20, and we’d like to thank you all for your participation! Merry Christmas and a Happy 2015!